Tuesday 24 November 2015

Volunteer with the Book Bus in the UK


Tom volunteered in between travelling

Volunteers are the backbone of what we do. We know that due to personal commitments many people would like to volunteer with us, but don't want to leave the UK. 


We've recently created lots of new opportunities for people to spend time volunteering with us on specific UK projects. 

Read about Tom's experience working with our marketing team... 

"I volunteered for Book Bus in between my travels. I was eager to do something useful with my free time so sought some voluntary work which I could do from home. 
From the word go, the Book Bus team were very welcoming and showed great trust with the projects that they set me. I felt like I was making a positive contribution with the tasks that I completed. 
The work was varied and included editing newsletter articles, researching children's book authors, searching for new online forums and literacy websites as well as identifying new channels of communication which we could use to reach out to new volunteers. I made some real progress and earned a huge amount of satisfaction from creating new leads for a worthwhile charity. 
I would encourage anyone with an interest in books or experience in working with children to offer their time to Book Bus. 
I'm now off to spend time with my next big passion - travel and skiing..."
We're looking for volunteers that can help spread the word about the Book Bus. If you have marketing experience and can spare a few hours each week, we'd love to hear from you. Get in touch with marian@thebookbus.org


Your work WILL make a difference.